Monday, June 24, 2013

MUSE Challenge #23



This is only my second card submission to MUSE.  I wanted to submit a card this week because I enjoy Anita's (from France) cards and she is always kind with her comments to me.  My first attempt was a stamp with dots (#1) and this did not work.  On my desk was a stamped and colored remnant of a Christmas card and I thought that would work and I scrapped my second choice stamp which had stars.    But the ornament stamp had to be dismantled and reconfigured and in the process the stamp became unglued.  I assembled now two pieces onto EZ-Mount foam.  On the first ornament card the verbiage was crooked and the colors too dark (#2).  Card #3 had a brown spot (coffee ?).  So the final card was stamped onto SU! confetti white which has marks embedded in the paper.  I stamped and heat embossed, then drew the bottom line with copic liner 0.3 and let the ink dry, then I did the top line and let the ink dry.  Finally I colored the ornaments with my new stampin' writers.  My "bling" was Copic spica pens on parts of each ornament.  I mounted the card (rounding bottom corners) onto Pink Pirouette paper and used pop-ups.



Sorry this is such a long entry but I feel a real need to tell my story of submitting this card.  The following picture is of my stamps as they now stand.  We are into week four (and last) of a remodel of our master bathroom and bedroom and a small amount in the kitchen.  If this were not enough we had the painter repaint the furniture which is in the guest/craft room and houses my supplies.  The stamps are stored in an entertainment center and what you see on the floor is only wood stamps, the container on the left (blue lid) is full of clear stamps and in the closet is a notebook with unmounted stamps. 


Supplies:
Paper -SU! Confetti White, Pink Pirouette
Markers - SU! Pretty in Pink, Bermuda Bay, Lovely Lilac, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight
Ink - Versafine Pigment Ink, Copic 0.3 Multi Liner Pen, Spica Pens
Stamp- Hero Arts "Merry Christmas Ornaments"

The End.




14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous post, Barbara, great to read how you arrived at your card, especially amid all that other 'stuff' you've got going on! This is so beautifully CAS ... and one of my favorite layouts ... awesome colouring of those wee little baubles! Thanks so much for playing along! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very merry take on this week's Muse - thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I love your little row of baubles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post, always good to hear that our card-making process is not always easy! I love the pics you showed of your cards and your stamp supplies...good stuff! Your card is perfectly sweet...a great Christmas card layout, a great take on Anita's card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card, and a great take on the challenge. P.S. Did you know you have word verification on? Perhaps you could switch to comment moderation to make it a bit easier on those who would like to leave you some love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize about word verification I thought it had been deleted. Honestly I have no one who knows about blogs so I stumble around with the help of the mister who is a "MAC snob" but patient. Just now we changed the photo on the blog. Any help would be appreciated.

      Delete
  6. What a cute idea for Christmas cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on this weeks Muse! those baubles are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all that you went through, Barbara, this card is a labor of love! It is a sweet CAS card, perfect for Christmas and a perfect CASE of Anita's fabulous card!! Good luck with the last stage of the remodel; it will all be worth it!! (I like the new photo!) Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to make a Christmas card using Anita's inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you were inspired to do a Christmas card for the Muse challenge - it's a really sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your christmas card is adorable - I love all the little baubles - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Barbara, I hope you get the work done soon. I can sympathize we are waiting for our sunlouge windows to be replaced shortly. :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card, love those ornaments!

    ReplyDelete