Saturday, February 10, 2018

Twofer Card Challenge - Hearts Challenge 2


For this challenge I used a die set from Recollections and it included the heart die and some stamps. I used two pieces of leftover background paper to die cut the hearts. The card on the left was paper that was smooched with distress inks, sprayed with water and then sprinkled with coarse salt. I  inked the detailed stamp with VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  For the base card I dabbed distress ink on the inside of a small heart embossing folder spritzed with water and then laid the base card on top, dabbed with my finger and then wiped with a paper towel. When dry I attached two of the hearts and the third I attached to craft foam and then attached. Last I added the sentiment from Paper Smooches.

The second card is a piece of  watercolor paper with ink, and water on an embossing folder. You just tap the paper onto the ef you don't run it through the machine. This is one of my favorite techniques. I chose to use the heart dies to make a 3 leaf clover, and used a sentiment die for the stem. The sentiment is from Hampton Art.This piece was attached to the green cs and then the base card.



9 comments:

  1. See, Barb, that wasn't so heart, was it? lol! You are the second one in the gallery! Both designs are very striking! I am trying to visualize how you used your e/f and I can't wait to try that! Beautiful background on the pretty white-embossed hearts and very clever to use your hearts for 4-leaf clovers! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #2!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great designs Babs!! Love your sweet pink hearts with the ef background. Bright and beautiful colours are perfect with the smooches sentiment. :) So creative and fun to use the same heart to create a 3-leaf clover. Another great design with ef stamping. Thanks for joining us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a wonderful sense of texture on these fabulous cards, Barb ... the first with the delicate pinks, shiny white embossing and fun sentiment is so pretty ... and the embossing folder stamping on the second adds a delicious organic feel to your shamrock! Great work! So happy to have you playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card designs. I love the beautiful pink colors on the first one. And, so neat the way you made a shamrock with the hearts for the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The different techniques you use give you cards a very artsy look! The three hearts in warm colors look fabulous with the pink background and creating a shamrock with the heart dies is a fantastic idea!
    Thanks for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and clever cards, Barb! I love the different techniques that you used on each of your cards and the gorgeous colors! Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    what super Twofer designs.
    Love the inky background of the first, and such a clever idea the second.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, loved both of your 2fer hearts. Interested to read that you used the salt technique to create background for the heart shapes (I've just recently tried that technique and admire your results). Liked your idea to use the heart to create the shamrock, and that was a very interesting embossing idea as well. Quite effective too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful take on this fun challenge!! What a brilliant idea to use hearts to make a shamrock! : )

    ♥ Patti

    ReplyDelete